Funny Jokes On Economics
Here are ten ways to tell you might be sitting next to an economist:
1. He refuses to listen to the safety announcement because "in the long run, we're all dead."
2. He keeps telling you that "there is no such thing" as a "complimentary refreshment service."
3. He avoids prolonged conversation with you because he has a "rational expectation" that you're an idiot since you chose the middle seat
4. But he offers to trade his aisle seat for yours in a competitive auction with the woman sitting behind you
5. He plonks his elbow on the armrest because space has a "higher marginal utility" for him than for you
6. When he elbows you in the ribs, he says he is simply trying to "nudge" you into better behavior
7. When he opens the overhead locker, a copy of Thomas Piketty's "Capital in the 21st century" falls out and hits you on the head
8. But then he uses the book as a footrest
9. He only relaxes when the plane reaches 35,000 feet because then it's in "general equilibrium."
10. Spends all the flight scribbling Greek letters into a notebook. Turns out it's not a series of equations; he's part of the IMF negotiating team en route to Athens.
11. Adds an extra point to a "top 10 list" because he believes in "quantitative reasoning."
Einstein dies and goes to heaven. His first day, he meets someone and asks, "What's your IQ?
"Wonderful, we can talk about physics."
The next day, Einstein meets someone else and asks their IQ.
"Wonderful, we can talk about music and the arts."
The next day, Einstein meets someone else and ask.
"What do you think interest rates are going to do?"